What type of contract do I need?

Ask yourself first: What is the end goal with the image?

Contracts create the relationship
Licenses give someone the permission to do something (such as print, use an image in a certain way)
Release = releases claims, liability, etc.

If it's for a personal use - a personal license (such as print release) or a portrait contract are needed.

If it's for use by a business, use a commerical license. 

All of this can be found in https://thelawtogshop.com

Other helpful articles:

Contracts 101: Overview of Photography Contracts

Contracts 102: Overview of Photography Contracts

Dispelling Photography Contract Myths

How long should my photography contract be? (Video)

How to Cancel a Photography Contract

Is a non-refundable deposit actually non-refundable?

Digital Photography Contract Best Practices

Why sharing photography contracts is a BAD idea for your business!

Haggling and Bickering: The Need of Concrete Service Contracts

How using photography contract templates can save you money

A Guide to Using Professional Photography Contract Template Forms

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us